Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Arabian daysssss

Soooo two days ago we trekked down to the Arab quarter of Singapore to grab lunch and check out the sights for the afternoon. This community was full of little shops, mosques, and lots of retaurants. We stopped into one of Daniel and Ana's favorites, Alaturka.



To start we ordered some iced mint green teas and some appetizers. The first appetizer that we ordered was Borek. Borek is a cigar shaped pastry made of phyllo dough and stuffed with cheese. This was my first time trying them and they did not dissapoint!


After the borek we ordered some falafel(my favorite!), stuffed grape leaves, and a salad to split with our meal.





Then we were onto the main course:)
I ordered the lamb and eggplant kebabs for my meal and they were wonderful! They came on a steaming hot platter, similar to how fajitas are presented at a mexican restaurant. The dish was served with carrots, cauliflower, tomatoes, and slathered in a rich lamb gravy. As I've said before, I am pretty sure its near impossible to have a bad meal in Singapore.


And that wasn't all! We ended the meal with a Turkish dessert called Kanafeh.
Kanafeh is basically a cake of shredded phyllo dough cooked in a creamy sweet sauce topped with pistachios...I wish I could describe it better but it's one of those things you kind of just have to try for yourself haha



After lunch we walked around Arab street for a bit before calling it a day and heading home.






Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Wilkie Road,Newton,Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment