Sunday, January 18, 2015

Lions, life changing dumplings, and a T.Swift cover band

So I am now in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and realizing I am quite a few days behind on my blog so I will catch up and get a few entries done now haha
Sooooo first, a few days ago we did a night safari and then spent the next morning at the Singapore zoo. The night safari was absolutely amazing! We saw lions, tigers,elephants,and all different other kinds of animals. Seeing the animals at night is so much better than just a normal day trip to the zoo, the animals were all awake and moving around which was pretty cool.


The next morning we went to the Singapore zoo for the day and that was also an amazing experience!! The Singapore zoo has such an open concept to it, like the monkeys are literally swinging in the trees above your head and at one point I even had a mouse deer run right in front of me. The zoo offered a "token feeding" of the animals which is basically going to and from each animal exhibit and watching the handlers feed the animals. Some of the animals like the giraffes and rhinos you could even pay to feed yourself.

































The Singapore zoo was hands down one of the best zoo experiences I have ever had.
*Five Hours Later*.....

Soooo later that afternoon my cousin Daniel and I went to dinner at Din Tai Fung which is a dim sum place in Singapore. I had heard it was going to be good, but it was beyond good haha Who knew that something as small as a pork dumpling could change your life?! Well I found out very fast that it can.







We began the meal by first ordering some hot and sour soup, fried rice, and some garlic spinach.



Then came the dumplings.....
We had pork dumplings, pork and shrimp dumplings, pork and veggie dumpling, and even red bean ones for dessert!







Like I said...life changing.
So after dinner we proceeded to go on a night tour of the city that started with an amazing light show at the Super Trees that sit in the shadow of the amazing Marina Bay hotel, then a tour through the city, and finished with some drinks at Clarke Quay accompanied by a fabulous band covering everything from T Swift to Earth, Wind, and Fire!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment